Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pork & Tabungao

Today was my first attempt at making tabungao with pork & string beans. Thanks to my grandma (in-law)

Ingredients:
1 long tabungao (Chinese Long Squash)
1/2 Onion
1 lb. Pork (I used Adobo pork. Also depends on how much meat you like. I used 1 1/2lbs. Pork)
Patis to taste
Garlic Salt to taste
1 tablespoon Garlic, minced.
String beans, bundle (10-15 long strands), in 4ths.


In a large pot, cook your pork until pretty much all liquids have been soaked up. Cover.

Throw in your minced garlic and garlic salt.

Cook until it's adobo style (aka) when their is little to no liquid.

Keep stirring.


When you're pork is cooked. Check the flavoring (meat) add more patis if needed.

Throw in your string beans. Cook until little more tender. Cover for 10 minutes.

Then, throw in you're onion & tabungao. Let sit on medium heat for about 30 minutes, often check & stir.

I went until my meat was soft, and tasty, tabungao was alittle soft and my string beans soft as well. Reminder, I freaked out because the tabungao never had taste but gradma said it'll sit and flavor.

First attempt so I still need my husbands approval.

*optional: Tomato. You may substitute with Spam.

No comments:

Post a Comment